Assistant Product Marketing Manager
MIT Technology Review is a world-renowned technology publisher, and we are building a digital growth team to bolster our exceptional journalism and support our subscription model. The Assistant Product Marketing Manager will play an important role in supporting this team, working hand in hand with the Director of Audience Development and Director of Analytics.
The future is today
And MIT Technology Review is the gateway to the world of important innovations and technologies changing how we live, work and play. We are looking for an Assistant Product Marketing Manager to help us connect our content to an audience with a passion for tech news and insights that will keep them ahead of the curve on what’s current, relevant, new and innovative.
You will create channel-specific content types and work cross-functionally with editorial, design, events, sales and web development. You must be able to adapt quickly based on market data. We seek a creative, agile and tactical thinker who is analytically astute with a talent for driving demand and engaging customers.
The ideal candidate
Will have a keen interest in how technology affects society and business and technology information in the larger media marketplace. You have experience managing product development priorities and creating new content types and approaches to deliver the best experience for our customers. This role is an excellent opportunity to develop audience-centric content and products across a variety of media types, including print, social, web, video and live events. You will help create and deliver on-brand customer experiences that engage, delight, and retain our readers, and showcase the unique value that MIT Technology Review brings to the marketplace.
Your work that impacts top of funnel (acquisition):
- Messaging and positioning – take learnings and insights from previous campaign performance and translate them into product pages, ad copy, ad assets, social assets, and other user acquisition assets.
- Strategic support – you’ll support strategic product launch plans, ensuring new products, packages and features are communicated to the right customers, at the right time, in the right way, across the right channels.
- Collaboratively execute the marketing programs that drive engagement to our website.
- Search engine optimization - aide in keyword planning, newsletter lead generation and content marketing campaigns
Your work that impacts middle of funnel (consideration):
- User onboarding – implement email onboarding programs aimed at activating new users and instilling habitual usage.
- Aid in the management of social advertising campaigns. Report on successes and be quick to pivot if needed.
- Schedule and deploy email marketing campaigns for increased user, registrant and subscriber engagement and monetization.
You should have experience in:
- Analytics and audience targeting. Familiarity in using data to tell a clear story.
- Successfully designing and implementing experiments, such as A/B tests or multivariate tests.
- Executing campaigns successfully, collaborating cross-functionally, and effective project management
- Working knowledge of user lifecycles – acquisition, activation, retention, and reactivation
- Rolling out product launch campaigns
- Working knowledge of most, if not all, mature social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) and a specialty in at least one other social network preferred (e.g. Reddit, YouTube, Apple News, etc.).
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Can support decisions with both quantitative customer data and qualitative customer feedback. You can articulate why a shift in the data might be happening and then take action.
- Are detail-oriented, well organized and an effective operator.
- Possess effective communication skills, verbal as well as written.
- Are hungry to learn and looking for an opportunity to build something from the ground up.
- Have 2+ years of marketing experience (ideally focused on driving engagement and retention)
MIT Technology Review offers a creative and intellectually charged work environment with competitive compensation and benefits through MIT.
Please apply at Assistant Product Marketing Manager (Job Number 15905).